Today, various dating websites attract American men looking for a charming foreign spouse. They allow you to join, search, and chat with the most stunning ladies from Vietnam. When you fall in love with a gorgeous Vietnamese single, you may wonder about marrying her. How to do it? What legal issues exist? Keep reading this article to know more about international marriages between Vietnamese ladies and U.S. guys. Find out how to make it smooth.
Top Vietnam Dating Sites 2024
Most Popular Choice 😍
Girls online: 2.2K
Girls online: 2.2K
Editor's choice 👍
Girls online: 5.7K
Girls online: 9.4K
Girls online: 1K
Requirements for marrying a Vietnamese girl
Basically, legal marriages with foreigners aren’t forbidden in Vietnam and are also valid in America. Applications regarding the validity of an international union must be directed to the general attorney of a particular state in the US where both parties are going to live. Do you want to settle down with a mail order bride from Vietnam? Any American has a right to marry such a woman in Vietnam. For it, he has to be in Vietnam and meet the next requirements:
- A bride-to-be should be over 18 years old, a groom is over 20 years old.
- Neither U.S. guy nor foreign lady has a spouse under Vietnamese law.
- Both parties are mentally capable to make independent decisions.
- The woman and man mustn’t be bounded by blood, marriage, or adoption.
What documents do you need to marry a Vietnamese woman?
Popping the question is the simplest step an American fellow can do for getting a Vietnamese girl. But to make matrimony totally legal, you should do some paperwork, preparing a list of documents. For a legal marriage registration, all the certificates must be translated into Vietnamese and validated before sending them to the Ministry of Justice of Vietnam. There are small differences depending on the foreigner’s citizenship, so the best advice is to consult in your motherland or check the direct Vietnamese embassy’s requirements. When it comes to documents, you must provide the next:
- Matrimony registration case (obtained from the Vietnamese District Justice Offices).
- Proof of a Single Status. The man can request this document from the civil registry in the state he lives or complete it in the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Vietnam. The document must be six months fresh. In case of having a previous union, the man or bride provides an authenticated copy of the divorce or former spouse’s death document.
- Certificates issued by a competent Vietnamese or foreign health authority. They prove that both man and woman have no mental diseases which сan obstruct cognizing and controlling their acts.
- The identity card’s copy for a Vietnamese girl or passport/residence card for the U.S. man, enclosed with its original for authenticity checking.
Applying for a K-1 Fiancé Visa to marry a Vietnamese woman
Every American guy, marrying a lady from Vietnam, wants to get her to his area and live a happy family life legally. To make the bride’s relocation legal, the U.S. groom creates a visa petition on Form I-129F with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). When USCIS approves the I-129F, it arranges to send the case to the U.S. consulate in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. Your bride-to-be should apply for a K-1 visa via the consulate. For it, she fills in the required forms and provides documents. Also, she completes an interview with an official consular. The main task is to prove the genuineness of your relationships, feelings, intentions, and matrimony. In fact, all these procedures run smoothly in case you give the right documents and adopt the laws of both countries.
Going to host your wedding in America, you must obey the laws of the area you live in and want to settle down with a foreign girl. It’s required to gain a marriage certificate from the local government office. A church certificate isn’t accepted. Next, after the wedding, your Vietnamese wife can apply to USCIS for a green card through a procedure called adjustment of status. To obtain it, you both should pass a green card interview at a USCIS office located in your U.S. state.
Having serious intentions to marry a lady from Vietnam, American guys should get prepared for some paperwork. But you can pass all the steps without problems obeying the laws of the U.S. and Vietnam. Be sure the benefits of marrying a Vietnamese woman are worth it!